I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Briana at Mat.Miles.Medals. It is a way to support bloggers with a focus on those with 200 followers or less. I definitely fit the bill 🙂 Thank you so much, Briana, for including me in the fun!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
- You must go to your nominees blogs and notify them.
Ready for my Q&A?
1. How did you get started running? I was tired of being overweight and sick all of the time. I also was in a very stressful work situation and was dealing with infertility issues. I started the Couch to 5K program just over two years ago because I knew I had to do “something” and never looked back!
2. What are your must-have distance running accessories? I really like my Roo Sport Pocket (and I stuff all sorts of
crap things in there!)
3. Compression socks… yes or no? For recovery but not while running. I have large calves so I have problems finding socks that fit properly. I want to try a pair of calf sleeves but haven’t ponied up the $$ yet.
4. How does your normal clothes budget compare with your workout clothes budget? I buy most of my workout clothes from Target (I like the C9 line) in order to save money but I definitely spend more on workout clothes (and socks… and shoes…)
5. How far out do you create your race plans? It depends. I put tons of potential races in my calendar and then drop (and add new ones!) as my goals change. I think I am pretty well set through the rest of the year now, with the potential for little extras here and there.
6. When you run… music or no music? If music, what genre is your playlist? I am all over the map! I try not to run too much with music so I’m not overly dependent on it as I can’t use headphones on trail races. I prefer a mix of classic rock and Top 40.
7. Finish this sentence, “If time and money were no object, I would…” Work with my trainer every day!
8. What advice would you give to your younger self? You are so much stronger than you think and you can do so much more. Stop holding yourself back!
9. For day-to-day fun, what do you do outside of work and fitness? I read. A LOT. I am a bit of a book whore as I am rather indiscriminate. 😉
10. What’s something we wouldn’t know about you from reading your blog? I have struggled years with depression (at times, rather serious) but significant physical exertion helps me keep it at bay.
Okay, here are my nominees. Some of them have been around for a while and some might have larger followings but what can I say? I’m a rule breaker 🙂
- Chocolate Runner Girl
- Diary of a Slow Runner
- Dreadmill Drummer
- Meandering Echoes
- Press on and Run
- Running Through the Castle
- The Happy Running Momma
- Will Run for Ice Cream
… and I obviously need more blogs to follow because I came up short!
And my questions:
1. Road, trail, or mud?
2. What is your preferred distance?
3. What is your “dream” race?
4. What fitness app do you use the most?
5. What do you do for cross training?
6. What is your funniest running or race story?
7. If you have one, who is your favorite running partner? If you don’t have one, what celebrity would you most like to join you on a run?
8. How many pairs of exercise-related shoes do you own?
9. What is your favorite snack?
10. What is one thing that you can do today that you never thought you would be able to accomplish?